I just realized that I never did actually upload in my blog my project proposal after changing my topic from its previous subject.
I was planning to do my project on social media and its influence on the people in my region and culture, but half way through unit 1 I decided to change my project proposal as I stated all my reasons on MPR presentation and below is my current project proposal which I am still updating and working on throughout the unit.
- WORKING TITLE:
Judgment of others & of self, and the way through to return to love.
- Aims and Objectives:
- To shift the audience energetic vibration from fear and judgment to the vibration of love, since one single person energetic shift has the power to create a ripple effect across the globe.
- Witness & record self-judgment without judgment.
- How does judgment makes me feel?
- Why do I feel that I have the right to judge others?
- What are the previous and past experiences in my life that lead me to be judgmental?
- Collecting & analyzing data through a survey to measure the most repetitive pattern of judgment within the community.
- Create an interactive experiment where the audience will be challenged through different situations and questions in order to investigate the reasons behind judgment.
- Create an experience where the audience live the feeling of love & connection with others and record their reaction.
- Analyze and understand the different findings of people’s behavior about being judgmental.
Honesty and authenticity throughout this project is a main key for me to reach for my ultimate aim of it. We all struggle daily from judgment, either we are judging ourselves or judging others on their political views, sense of style, way of behaviors and many other little things that we might think its minor or silly. No matter how kind, spiritual or compassionate we are we keep judging all the time. At the beginning we might feel good or better than others when we start judging them but at the end of it we feel bad, isolated and we lose the sense of belonging.
Through out this project I would like to observe my own and others judgmental patterns, reasons behind it, and find the way through to return to our true nature which is love.
I will keep a journal of my own judgmental daily moments, practicing interactive spiritual techniques to learn more about its effect on my judgmental behaviors, as well as conducting surveys, interactive experiments & experiences with audience.
I would like to research more as well about the following art movements:
- Glitch Art:
Glitch art is the practice of using digital or analog errors for aesthetic purposes by either corrupting digital data or physically manipulating electronic devices.
is a postmodern art movement of the 1980s. The term refers to artists influenced by pop art.
Photography and mixed media as well as working with popular images and colors using Photoshop will be my main methods in exploring my area of interest. Through capturing different moments and adding my personal feelings, thoughts and touches using mixed media tools I will be creating my form of art and will discuss those social issues that interest me, in a colorful and appealing art pieces. I am curious in exploring new different forms of media in my work, where I can experiment printing my work on diverse range of materials for example plastic, canvas and acrylic.
I would like to create Interactive art installations where visitors will not only be observers, instead they can interact and participate in my art work which will create a sense of curiosity and belonging between the visitors and the installation. In order to make art more accessible I want to create pieces that will not only be displayed in galleries and museums, but also can be part of locations that public visits as part of their everyday life such as restaurants, shopping malls, parks and festivals.
- WORK PLAN:
- Judgment Detox: Release the Beliefs That Hold You Back from Living A Better Life by Gabrielle Bernstein.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- Glitch Art in Theory and Practice: Critical Failures and Post-Digital Aesthetics by Michael Betancourt.
- WILD by Jean-Marc Vallée
- The Blind Side by John Lee Hancock
- Glitch Published on Nov 28, 2016 2015 Oxford Brookes University school of architecture, RIBA part 2 dissertation.
- Madness in Method: The Glitch AestheticPublished on Feb 9, 2017